Cue the fanfare...we are recruiting for a new permanent full-time role for a Commercial Property Associate, Liverpool, 3-5 Years PQE. Check out the below job description for more details on how to apply.
Glenville Walker and Partners are an established business law firm. No broad brushstrokes and general legal service offering here, just some of the best business legal experts in the market at your disposal. Real Estate, Corporate, Commercial, Intellectual Property and Litigation are our core areas of practice.
At Glenville Walker, we mean Business. We aren’t the same cookie cutter clone lawyers that you often find at large, faceless firms.We provide practical advice and solutions to help businesses achieve their goals.
Whilst we are specifically business law specialists, our professional network is wide, we work closely with corporate finance and general business advisory professionals to advance clients goals across both the SME and national market.
We are accountable to our clients and matters are never shuffled through a nameless, faceless hierarchy allowing for real client interaction and relationships with our team. Our lawyers are passionate, business minded, entrepreneurial and progressive individuals who put our client’s businesses at the heart of their practice day in day out.
Our Founding Director and Head of Corporate is listed in the Legal 500 Hall of Fame and the firm has grown significantly in recent years. We are looking for a Commercial Property Associate to join us in our Liverpool office to assist in its next exciting phase of growth.We have a strong collegiate working environment with a creative flair when it comes to supporting business development initiatives and breaking into new market areas for growth.
The Real Estate department is highly regarded with loyal repeat clients and also generates new quality instructions through its business development activities. The team provides a comprehensive range of legal services, with a particular focus on high value sales and acquisitions, development (residential and commercial) and secured lending, acting as panel solicitors for several lenders. The team also advises in corporate support, working closely with the firm’s Corporate department on their transactions.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious Commercial Property Associate to join this stand-out legal practice with a highly experienced and dynamic Real Estate team.
The firm is looking for a permanent full-time Commercial Property Associate to join their busy Real Estate department based in Liverpool, covering a range of commercial work. The successful candidate will also carry out high value residential work and assist with onward sales of plots for our developer clients.
You will deal with a broad client base covering many industry sectors, the sheer level of variety will make for an interesting caseload. Industry sectors will include but not be limited to; retail, hospitality and leisure, logistics, healthcare, housebuilding, and long term and bridging lending, acting for landowners, developers, property management companies, corporate occupiers, lenders, investors, and charities.
You will be provided with the tools to further develop your technical knowledge and daily tasks while working on your caseload. Daily tasks will involve:
- Drafting legal documents (sale and purchase contracts, leases, agreements for lease, licences to assign/sublet/alter, option agreements, development agreements, security documentation).
- Reviewing legal titles, searches and replies to enquiries
- Negotiating documents with other solicitors
- Liaising directly with clients by phone, email and in person
- Preparing for and handling completions
- Reporting back to senior members on those files on which you are assisting.
- Turning your legal knowledge into practical solutions for clients to advance their transactions
- You will ideally be 3-5 years PQE
- As the appointed solicitor you will have proven experience in all aspects of real estate along with a high level of commercial awareness with strong attention to detail and excellent drafting skills.
- A willingness to bring new clients on board and be both comfortable and driven towards proactive business develop and marketing.
- As well as running your own caseload, you will be assisting the department head on larger, more complex transactions and be expected to assist in the ongoing development of junior team members.
- You will be conscientious, self-motivated, hardworking, responsive, with critical thinking abilities and excellent communication, organisation, and analytical skills.
- You will be self-motivated and able to work on own initiative and as part of the Real Estate team support more senior and junior staff across the wider firm on larger projects.
This opportunity to join this strong, commercially astute, and highly professional property team is one not to be missed, with excellent career progression on offer.
- A competitive salary dependant upon level of experience
- 25 days holiday per year plus statutory bank holidays
- Hybrid working available
- Free parking facilities
- Employer’s Pension Contributions
- Smart/casual dress code within the workplace
- Training and development opportunities
- Up to 1 months’ full sick pay if off ill in any 12-month period
- Permanent full-time role, working from 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday
- Excellent career prospects, no glass ceilings
How to Apply
Please email a covering letter and CV to email@example.com listing Job Ref: GWP/COMPA-2022 in the subject title.
Closing date for applicants: By 5pm on 01/07/2022.
We aim to respond to every application within 7 working days as that is part of our culture. Please note on occasion this timescale may slip during busy office periods or staff holidays.
Please note we use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide.
Glenville Walker and Partners is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.